SPECIALIZED TRAINING COLLEGE STUDENTS
Specialized Training College Students
|COVID-19 Impact on Scholarship Round in 2023
As we are all well aware, COVID-19 has made international travel and forward planning considerably difficult.
MEXT informs applicants that under some circumstances such as travel restrictions or curfews, there remains the possibility that the selection process will be cancelled or that applicants will not be able to come to Japan even after being selected as scholarship students.
This scholarship aims at providing an opportunity for Hong Kong and Macau students who wish to study at Japanese specialized training colleges; giving them the necessary assistance for the pursuit of their studies.
Currently Open for Application YES
3 years (Preparatory Education for first year)
Outline of eligibility
Age: born on or after April 2, 1998 (under 25 years old)
Education: have completed 12 years of regular school education or higher (Form 6 level)
Placement at preparatory education institution and specialized training college
Designated by MEXT, based on your fields and subjects choices
3 May 2022 (Tuesday) - 7 June 2022 (Tuesday), must be received by 5:00pm
1. Documents review
2. Written Test (Japanese, English, Mathematics): 23 June 2022 (Thursday)
3. Interview : Early to mid-July 2022 (TBC)
4. 1st screening notification: Late-July 2022
5. Acceptance notification : January to February 2023
*As part of the preliminary selection, assessment tests in Japanese and English will be given to eligible applicants. Shortlisted candidates will be notified of the date and time of their interview and exam.
*Please note that the interviews and tests can only be conducted at the Consulate-General of Japan in Hong Kong, there will be no exceptions made. If you cannot attend the written test on the designated date, the qualification will be terminated. For inquiries, please feel free to contact us on (852) 2522-1184 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Application forms to download
STUDY in JAPAN
- All students must submit all documents mentioned in Point 9 (1)-(8) and a copy of passport.
- It is not necessary to fill in Point 9（5）Medical certificate before passing the written test and interview, as this is the first stage of the application procedure.
- If printing out the certificates of language proficiency from the Internet, print out and submit a page showing the applicant’s name and the details of the relevant qualification (level, score, etc.). The date of issue of the certificates should be no earlier than two years from the date of application to the Japanese diplomatic mission.